There are a lot of different factors that are involved in the purchasing of a leaf blower. A number these are just about your own choice and preference. However, you need to try and link the tool to the items that you want to do and the amount of work that has to be done. Here are 10 tips that should get you thinking in the correct way:
1. Select a walk behind leaf blower if you have a lot of blowing to do, in particular if you reside in a woodland location and have a lot of land to clear, where the leaves stack up to a depth.
2. Select a backpack blower when you have a fairly large area with quite a lot of leaves to clean up. Backpack leaf blowers are powerful, but comfortable and easy to use due to the way they are made. You can use them for longer periods of time without becoming as tired.
3. Use a hand held blower for light to moderate work where the yard is a reasonable size and you don't have to use the machine for great periods of time. Hand held blowers are quick and easy to operate, but can become heavy after using them for a time.
4. Choose a gas powered machine where you need a lot of blowing power and don't mind something that is quite heavy. Gas blowers come is various engine sizes to match your power needs.
5. Select an electric blower for small yards and light leaf blowing. Electric machines use a power wire and that can restrict the distance that you can reach.
6. Choose a battery blower for very light work and where you only need to work for about 20 minutes. Some come with 2 batteries which will increase the blowing time. The batteries are rechargeable.
7. Use a blower with a vacuum attachment if you need to collect and bag the leaves rather than just blowing them away. Some tools also have a mulching feature that will shred the leaves and compress them to take up less space.
8. Choose a fast air velocity if you want to break up clumps of wet leaves and move larger objects. The air velocity is measured in MPH and should be taken at the end of the tube.
9. Look at machines that move a lot of air volume if you need to vacuum heavy, damp and big leaves You can check this out by looking at the measurements in cubic feet per minute or CFM.
10. Select an electric blower if you need to have one that is relatively quiet. Electric machines are also light.
After you have decided on the type of blower that you want to purchase you should take a look at as many reviews as possible so that you can get the most reliable and cost effective result.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!